Do you have a question?
Please read through the questions and answers below, as many parents and guardians often have the same questions. However, if you don't see your question, please email Rachel Alberts at (801) 402-8752 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: My student is moving from another DSD school, another district or a charter school, how do I register them?
- Q: Will there be all day kindergarten at Sunburst Elementary?
- Q: Will there be extra-curricular clubs and activities?
- Q: If I have questions before the school is open, who do I contact?
- Q: Will Sunburst use the academic standards as the other schools in Davis School District?
- Q: Sunburst is a university partner school. Will there be a student teacher in every classroom?
DSD Discretionary Protection Plan for Electronic Devices
Davis School District is providing a protection plan for students and parents. The Discretionary Protection Plan supports the Device Use Agreement and enrollment in the plan is discretionary with the understanding that if students/parents do not enroll in the protection plan, they will carry full liability for the device in the same way they do for other damaged or lost school property, such as textbooks.
Program Cost and Coverage
Cost: $25 per school year (includes summer school). This amount is nonrefundable and will not be prorated. Limit Liability: $250
Coverage: Repair or replacement of devices used by the student throughout the school year
Plan may not be purchased after damage has occurred, or beyond two-weeks of equipment issue date.
Effective Coverage / Expiration Date
Effective Date: Coverage begins when the $25 is paid.
Expiration Date: Coverage ends at the conclusion of school year (includes summer school)
The Discretionary Device Protection Plan coverage includes:
• Accidental damage caused by liquid, spills, drops, or other unintentional events. • Loss of device due to theft; claim must be accompanied by a valid police report.
o If device is later recovered amount previously paid for replacement will be reimbursed.
• Damage caused by fire; claim must be accompanied by official fire report from investigating authority. • Damage due to an electrical surge.
• Loss or damage caused by natural disasters.
The Discretionary Device Protection Plan coverage excludes:
Damage caused by fraudulent, intentional, negligent, or criminal act. Students and parents will be responsible for
the full amount of repair/replacement for damage or loss if the school determines the damage or loss to be
fraudulent, intentional, negligent, or criminal.
Consumables: Headphones, case, or software.
“Jailbreaking” or otherwise voiding the manufacturer’s warranty by altering the software. Jailbreaking is a term
used to describe a process by which normal manufacturer controls on the functionality of the device are bypassed.
Jailbreaking of school-issued laptop devices is not permitted.
Davis School District is not liable for any loss, damage (including incidental, consequential, or punitive damages), or
expense caused directly or indirectly by the equipment.
Replacement Costs 2021-22 School Year
• A $15 deductible will be assessed per covered incident.
• A $50 deductible will be assessed if the entire device needs replacement per covered incident.
Cloudbook Replacement-Non-Touch Model Cloudbook Replacement-Touch Model Cloudbook Screen-Non-Touch Model Cloudbook Screen-Touch Model
Cloudbook Power Cord/Block iPad Replacement
iPad Power Cord/Block
Cost with Protection Plan
$50 $50 $15 $15 $15 $50 $15 $15 $15
Cost without Protection Plan*
$250 $334 $60 $250 $41 $299 $40 $38 $49
iPad Logitech Crayon
*Based on supply, prices may vary. For a more comprehensive list of replacement costs, contact the STS at the school.